Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Honeyed Nut Tart

As I will be moving in about a month, I am trying to use up the food in my cabinets.  I have a lot of nuts, so I was looking for nut recipes and I came across this one.  Admittedly, it's not really my thing, but I thought it sounded like a good thing to make for a group and a good way to use up my brown sugar, honey, nuts, and rose flower water.

I had people over for enchiladas for cinco de Mayo and thought this seemed like a nice dessert.  A friend who doesn't like fruit didn't think it was to fruity (there is the zest and juice of an orange in the tart crust) and it is okay for anyone with a (not too severe) peanut allergy, but not really any other nut allergies.  It went over pretty well; I think most people liked it more than I did, which is generally what I look for in a shared dessert (if I liked it so much, I wouldn't want to share it)!  It's also nice for company because the crust is a press in rather than roll out, which makes clean up/counter space a little easier to manage.

The receipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment