Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies

A few months ago, I made Chocolate Banana Oatmeal cookies that turned out okay, but tasted like they were missing something. Well this time I had Skippy Natural Peanut Butter which has a little too much salt for my taste, so I figured it would be tasty for baking while just leaving out the salt (which is probably something you aren't supposed to do, but I thought it worked pretty well in this case) and a bruised, but not too overripe banana, which I thought would be perfect for making something peanut butter/banana-y. So I looked up my old recipe and found some places to make modifications. With all the extra peanut butter, it required a lot more oatmeal, but I think they turned out great! Plus, they are decently healthy, at least for a recovery after run snack. Again, I approximated, but it went something like this:
1 mashed banana
1/2-3/4 c peanut butter
1 egg
2 tbsp butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 c cocoa powder
~1 c oatmeal
Chocolate chips/chunks to taste

Beat mashed banana, peanut butter, egg, butter, brown sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla and continue beating. Add cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa. Blend well. Then slowly add oatmeal until it reaches the desired consistency. Add chocolate chips if desired.

Bake for about 10 minutes at 350.

Yield about 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment