Friday, February 26, 2010

Food Stamp Challenge Days 3-6

So I've been eating chili and split pea dahl for lunch and dinner.  I've also eaten a jar of peanut butter since Sunday, not exaggerating.  So I'm going to change the first two days and just subtract the cost of the jar $2.30 from the total.  I had another cup of hot chocolate, 2 cups of oatmeal with about 1/3 c of brown sugar and 2 Tbsp of cinnamon, 2 oranges, 1 banana, 1/4 cup of rice and about 15 cents in spices, plus another 40 cents of cheese for the chili.  Plus I just ate eggs for dinner (with salsa).  I have however cheated slightly and ate a piece of chocolate yesterday that I ate to motivate myself to finish an assignment. I ate a leftover bit of a protein bar also after running.  I feel mentally terrible and physically pretty tired though, I think it's all the peanut butter.  It looks like I'll probably make it, but I'm realizing that it wasn't really worth it.

This makes for a total of $5.21.

I have $2.15 left.  Tomorrow I'll probably be eating black beans with rice.  The whole meal (with cheese and spices) will be about 75 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment