The divided recipe is here, and the original is from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
Single Coconut and Lime Cupcake
- 1 + 1/4 T soy milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- Tiny drop of white vinegar (I used white wine, it is after all, only a drop)
- 1/2 T sunflower (or any other light-tasting) oil (I used canola)
- 1 T raw sugar (just use regular)
- Drop of vanilla
- 1 + 3/4 T self-raising flour (scant 1/8 cup)
- 1/2 t cornstarch
- 1 t fresh lime juice
- 1 t shredded unsweetened coconut
- pinch lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. I used the toaster oven.
- In a small cup, mix the soy milk and vinegar and allow to curdle.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy and vinegar mixture, sugar, oil and vanilla for about 1 minute or until most of the sugar has dissolved.
- Sift in the flour and cornstarch. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in lime juice, coconut and optional lime zest.
- Pour batter into one cupcake paper/tin and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before icing. Makes one cupcake.
Lime Avocado Buttercream
- 1/4 of a medium avocado
- 1/4 t fresh lime juice
- 110g icing sugar
- 2 t cornstarch
- pinch lime zest (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the avocado and lime juice until smooth.
- In batches, sift in the icing sugar and cornstarch, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the lime zest if using. Makes about 2/3 C frosting.