Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Food Blogging

So far, I've essentially been posting recipes on here with little discussion or witty comments. I've decided I'm going to try to change that (well, I'm not very funny in print, so the humor might still be missing). I read a lot of food blogs, usually at random times, like when I'm trying to figure out leftovers, but sometimes I use them to aid in my weekly planning. And they are chatty or funny, or at least of interest beyond the recipe, and I'm going to try to do that. Maybe I'll review some products or talk about my restaurant adventures. Actually, that's not a bad idea. I eat at ethnic restaurants a lot. I have a goal of eating food from every country of the world, and I'm about to stagnate (I think there are about 8 countries represented in Atlanta that I haven't tried). I might have to cook some foods to get them in too (there aren't any Lithuanian restaurants in the U.S., at least not that I can find online). Maybe I should focus on those adventures a little more.

For the record, countries I've checked off in the past year: Serbia, Ethiopia, Israel, Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, Iran, Canada (the only way I would count Canada is if I ate food in Canada, which I did). I know it's nothing impressive yet, but I'm getting there.

Anyway, if you want food blogs better than mine (or some sort of reference to what I might be thinking about directing my blog towards), the Top 100 Food Blogs according to Frugal Gourmet (yay for cheap eats!). Also, my favorite (and where I get tons of my recipes or at least ideas) is Smitten Kitchen. For one thing, the pictures make me drool, but the recipes are reasonable and creative. And she seems to like sweets as much as me! And speaking of pictures, I really need to learn to take better photos of my food now that I have a nice pretty apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment