Sunday, May 31, 2009

Raspberry Cake

I haven't been cooking much lately (I mean obviously I eat, but there is nothing exciting enough to post) and I certainly haven't been baking thanks to the Atlanta heat, lack of paycheck, desire to save on my electric bill, and overabundance of chocolate (still have stuff from Valentine's Day that I should probably be working on). So I decided to post a few of my favorite recipes, recipes that I've had requested every time I make them. And probably the most requested is raspberry cake; I haven't made it lately, but I'm thinking I'm going to next weekend for my birthday celebration since it is the one cake everyone (except vegetarians, there's gelatin in it) like; I have friends who hate chocolate, friends who are allergic to peanuts, friends who hate frosting (and really, you have to have a pretty special cake for it to be right without frosting), but magically, everyone likes this. It is the easiest recipe ever and so perfect for summer picnics.

1 package white cake mix
1 small package raspberry gelatin
10 oz frozen sweetened raspberries undrained (usually a plastic container)
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c hot water
Frosting:
1 carton whipped topping (I use light)
10 oz frozen sweetened raspberries
In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix and gelatin. Add raspberries
with juice, eggs, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Pour into
greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool
before frosting.
Frosting: Fold whipped topping into raspberries. Spread over cake.
Refridgerate for 2 hours before serving.
Cook's note: I prefer to refridgerate the cake and frost right before
serving because it doesn't keep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment