Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chocolate Banana Oatmeal cookies

I had a very overripe banana (and only one so no good for bread) so I decided to try to make banana cookies, but since I'm not a huge fan of banana baked goods, I added cocoa powder too (peanut butter would be better instead/in addition to the cocoa, but two of my friends are allergic to peanuts, so I decided to make them shareable). I didn't measure much (for instance the brown sugar and vanilla were just finishing off a package), but I'll do my best to guess. Though I would probably recommend more vanilla, mostly because I put at least a teaspoon in everything I bake. Also note that I usually use a heaping measure of cinnamon, so when I say 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, I probably used closer to a full teaspoon, but I do this for all recipes as a matter of personal taste. I would however suggest using more butter, using peanut butter, or adding chocolate chips. Or all of the above. As with the brownies, I underestimated the fat, so if i make these again, I will certainly use more.

1 medium banana
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4-ish cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2+ teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup flour
3/4-1 cup oatmeal (or until dough is not too moist and holds together)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350. Mash the banana beat in egg, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, until smooth. Add flour, 1/2 cup oatmeal, cocoa, and baking powder. Add oatmeal until it reaches the desired consistency. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet by heaping teaspoon. It made 15 small cookies. Bake for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment